Friday 30 December 2011

It's started.....

It's started - the next growing season

It's always nice to get the first batch of seed off to a flying start; I am quite tough with mine. These are tomatoes at the back, lettuce on the right hand - front and onions in the others. The toms will be grown on indoors until I work out which one is the best to try and get me early toms [these are all earlyish varieties], the lettuce and onions will go straight outside into the unheated greenhouse once they are an inch tall.

4 comments:

Daniel Harriss said...

WOW, I'm leaving mine until at least the end of January, same as last year (this year bar one day lol), will be interesting to see if you get any ripe toms a month before me :) Good Luck.

Zazen999 said...

My first ripe tom came on 2nd June; from sowing this early.

Ananke said...

Tomatoes at the beginning of June sounds great.

For The Record - VVG's Sowing and Growing in 2012 said...

Not the only things you're tough with :)
Looking good and thanks to this tomato goddess I am looking at sowing 25 different tomato varieties this year...she made me do it!