Wednesday 5 December 2012

SEEDS!

And the benefits of knowing people around the world who swap seeds.

So 2 days ago my Heritage Seed Library 2013 Catalogue came through the door, and today whilst I am sat here working at home devising workshops...I get a swap from Germany...

I can choose 6 packs from the HSL catalogue, and Nellie has sent me 4 varieties from Germany - one jet black broad bean [wow], Schwarzsamige; a Climbing French Bean Berner Landfrauen, and two tomatoes, Ultra Early from Moscow and Pendulina a yellow hanging basket variety.

Is there a better way to start December? I think not.

2 comments:

For The Record - VVG's Sowing and Growing in 2012 said...

I know - tis exciting. I feel Christmas has come early. Good ole' Nellie. Meanwhile tomorow, we can swap some more :)

Zazen999 said...

I'm dead excited about growing these. I need to go through all mine for 2013 soon...